Sunday, February 22, 2009

Settling in...

I know that I should be updating more. Some have asked for pictures and some have wondered what has happened to me. I'm here, but I still don't have internet at home, thus it is difficult to update my usual blog. My fingers are crossed for the internet to be connected some time this week, which is a story in itself. I will write another post for that after I get connected. ;)

So, life is starting to settle as my weeks start to take on a normal routine. Here is a general lowdown of the passing of my time.

5:05am - Alarm goes off; hit snooze
5:15am - Get up: It is still very dark outside
5:35ish - Hear the morning call to prayer from the nearby mosque as I finish my shower
6:00am - Eat some breakfast and continue to wake up with some tunes on my iPod
6:25am - Head downstairs to meet others for the drive to work
6:40am - Arrive at work; turn on computer; get a cup of instant coffee; surf the internet; catch up on emails and Facebook
7:10am - Look at lesson plans for the day

**Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday**
8:00 - 9:30 - Teach the first block of lessons
9:30 - 12:00 - Eat lunch/snack; chat online; surf the internet; lesson plan for afternoon; organize my desk and life...
12:00 - 1:30 - Teach the second block of lessons
1:45pm - Bolt out of work and head ... a) home; b) the mall; or c) THE BEACH!

**Monday & Wednesday**
10:00 - 11:30 - Teach the first block of lessons
11:30 - 2:00 - Eat lunch/snack; chat online; surf the internet; lesson plan for afternoon; organize my desk and life...
2:00 - 3:30 - Teach the second block of lessons
3:45pm - Bolt out of work and head home or the beach

10:00pm - Head to bed

- Thursday nights are spent out with THE SHIFT (a gathering of colleagues at a pub for an end-of-the-week drink(s)) and then usually out somewhere after that.
- Friday is a holy day so there is not much to do other than hit the beach and relax until the evening when one can go out on the town.
- Saturday seems like a regular work day for most people, so grocery shopping and other errands get taken care of then along with a trip to the beach or tennis or something else fun before the weekend ends!

Starting today, I will begin tennis with my new coach (good friend, Jen) and hopefully get myself to a point where I can play a decent game, but there's a lot of work to do before that happens. Plus, once it gets hot I will be worthless....

Coming in the next weeks will be checking out the pottery and pilates studios along with joining some salsa classes once or twice a week. So...as usual I will find myself busy. Oh and yes, there is that whole phd studying thing... :D

More to come!

Until next time ~

-T

No comments: